Productivity techniques...

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:08 AM
I was looking for a tool like this and I think it will fill my needs except for one small thing.... Do you any plans for integrating productivity techniques like Pomodoro?

Pomodoro is a simple technique that divides the working sessions on 25 minutes of unstop work and 5 minutes of rest...

It would be nice if we could set a timer...
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2014 at 3:33 AM
I don’t have any plans to. Myself I use TimeManage.Me pomodoro timer snapped to the side and take the 5 minute breaks but let TFS Working On keep tracking. Essentially the way we record our time on a task includes inevitable distractions.
Even though that’s not the explicit time on a task, it represents how long the task took to do so for us is more helpful on estimating. You can go either way, log all your hours in a day and forecast with hours in a day, or log only actual hours and then adjust your forecast based on percentage utilization of a day doing actual work.

Either way, if you set the Auto Time Out short enough you can do this behaviour. After 5 minutes you get back to your desktop, you will be prompted if you were working on that task, if not, select so and the 5 minutes won’t be included.

Matthew Rowan