Estimated Time reset not incremented

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Edited Sep 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

UPDATE: so don't worrry, I was doing something wrong. :)

First of all thanks alot. This is a great tool.

Now I was wondering if I am doing something wrong because when I work on a task and it had for example 5 hours completed, after working on it for 1.5 hours it sets the hours completed to 1.5. I did the mapping in configuration for the task, I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

God Bless!

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply. If the mapping field you have for Completed work already contains a value, any additional intervals should be added to it. Check the message in the history that TFS Working On puts there that the period record is what you expect and that the changed fields are the ones mapped.

Any other information you have so we can work this out would be helpful.

Regards

Matthew Rowan

Sent: 13/09/2012 12:00
To: matthew_rowan@hotmail.com
Subject: Estimated Time reset not incremented [TFSWorkingOn:395360]

First of all thanks alot. This is a great tool,lots of potential.

Now I was wondering if I am doing something wrong because when I work on a task and it had for example 5 hours completed, after working on it for 1.5 hours it sets the hours completed to 1.5. I did the mapping in configuration for the task, I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

God Bless!

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Also the estimate will not be reduced so that you can report off Remaining Work, which does get reduced, for a burn down chart. The completed work vs the estimate can be used when the task is resolved so the estimation accuracy can be tracked.

Cheers

Matthew

Sent: 13/09/2012 12:00
To: matthew_rowan@hotmail.com
Subject: Estimated Time reset not incremented [TFSWorkingOn:395360]

First of all thanks alot. This is a great tool,lots of potential.

Thanks in advance.

God Bless!