Unable to target multiple projects or use query with multiple projects

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:42 PM

I am a shared resource that works on many projects - switching between them as time and priority permits.

I have tried using any of my queries (single project and multi-project) and none of them work. (they are all Tree of Work Items view)

Do I have to build a new query in the tool?

Coordinator
Apr 27, 2011 at 1:48 AM
Hi Brian

Enabling Hierarchical queries to work in the menu query [work item 11630] is still outstanding on the latest build. Also, the Menu Query is only saved in the settings once, not per project, so switching projects will clear the selected menu query. I have added a feature request for this [work item 13419]. I will prioritize to fix these in the next piece of work I can get done.

Regards

Matthew Rowan

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:42:47 -0700
Subject: Unable to target multiple projects or use query with multiple projects [TFSWorkingOn:255327]

I am a shared resource that works on many projects - switching between them as time and priority permits.
I have tried using any of my queries (single project and multi-project) and none of them work. (they are all Tree of Work Items view)
Do I have to build a new query in the tool?

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (TFSWorkingOn@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email TFSWorkingOn@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Apr 27, 2011 at 9:59 PM

What I have today is a single query (in one project) that returns results from the other projects as well.

That does work if I don't turn on the tree view.  However it is the tree view that I use to filter out much of the noise and group appropriate tasks together.

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2011 at 2:02 AM
Hi Brian

I have just checked in a change to support hierarchical (tree) queries in the Menu Query. Please let me know if this now works for your scenario.

Regards

Matthew Rowan

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:59:27 -0700
Subject: Re: Unable to target multiple projects or use query with multiple projects [TFSWorkingOn:255327]

What I have today is a single query (in one project) that returns results from the other projects as well.
That does work if I don't turn on the tree view. However it is the tree view that I use to filter out much of the noise and group appropriate tasks together.

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (TFSWorkingOn@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email TFSWorkingOn@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Apr 29, 2011 at 7:38 PM

beautiful.  The initial project conneciton is much better as well.

And it pulls the tasksk properly from all projects.  And the Query List popup from the task bar no longer crashes the application.

Excellent.

I also like the prompt for tasks that missing estimates.  I didn't see that before.